We are an award-winning travel magazine looking for a persuasive, savvy and resourceful advertising sales representatives. This is an excellent opportunity for the sales professional who loves to sell and is ready to take the next step in their career. You are right for this gig if you are motivated to sell print and digital advertising space for an exciting, fun publication, and have an interest in travel or lifestyle media. You must have experience selling display advertising, writing sales proposals, developing and applying rate cards, and exceeding client expectations. This position is full or part time and will work remotely.
Fifty Grande is a biannual travel magazine that explores the U.S. Our mission is to inspire more people to travel the country by broadening interest in the diverse scenic, culinary and musical experiences offered in all 50 states. As food and music are essential parts of travel, and being a socially-minded force for good is important to how we operate, we use all three as cornerstones of our travel stories.
Our editorial approach is the same no matter the platform: We tell stories that spark people’s curiosity. We cover notable places, people and things that define American travel experiences right now, with a focus on the distinct character and charm of the often overlooked as well as unique looks at the well known.
The biannual magazine, which is thematically planned, is where we offer features into unique and overlooked worlds, vibrant people profiles and interviews, spotlights on only-in-America businesses, off-the-beaten-path oral histories, gorgeous photo essays and more. Our website gives people information to help them plan trips (hotels, things to do) and opportunities to meet and connect with the Fifty Grande community.
The right candidate
- You are a tenacious, self-motivated, persuasive, respectful and organized team player
- You have inside sales/telephone sales experience, selling advertising at media companies, including experience in travel, food or lifestyle verticals
- You have a demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed targets.
- You are phenomenal at presenting to groups and getting them excited about your solutions.
- Bonus points for experience selling a range of solutions (across experiential, social) as well as contacts within the travel industry and agency world.
- Have a passion for travel, food and music
What You’ll Do
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Create a strategy that identifies priority verticals and sales targets.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline of sales prospects through competitive research, your own contacts, aggressive cold calling and outreach.
- Manage client communication and experience through delivery.
- Successfully manage the entire sales process from outreach, negotiation, development and presentation of solutions, and follow up.
- Cultivate relationships with key client and agency decision makers.
- Excellent phone and presentation skills.
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, persuasive and tenacious.
- At least 3+ years in a cold calling sales environment and 6+ sales experience overall.