If you cross a business convention with a dive bar, you might get something like Big Texas Beer Fest, one of the biggest beer festivals in Texas. The festival takes over the cavernous Automobile Building in Dallas’s Fair Park, lining it with tent after decorated tent of brewers. Some tents have disc golf, others have foosball, and all are likely to have at least one beer you’ve never tried before. Those who look might find rare beers and single-batch brews interspersed among the 100 breweries and their over 450 beers, ciders, hard seltzers, hard kombuchas and meads from Texas, the United States, and across the world. Not only do you get to drink at Big Texas Beer Fest, but you get to do it for a good cause. A portion of the proceeds benefit the North Texas Food Bank, where 94% of their funds go directly to their mission. There is a 24oz limitation for tastings, but during the festival, you can purchase 12 additional 2oz samples for only $5.
In addition to beer tasting, free spring drinking water will be available during the event and vendors will be offering free samples of local food and drinks. According to Tiney Riccardi at The Dallas Morning News, the event is well designed. Though thousands attend, the lines don’t grow too long nor does the crowd feel too claustrophobic. Outside, there is a beer garden with food trucks, live music from local artists and a mini arcade from Free Play Arcade.
- 5,000 people attend.
- GA tickets are $45 and VIP tickets are $80.
- VIP entry begins at 1:30pm and GA entry is from 3-7:00pm.
- VIP patrons gain access to the festival 90 minutes prior to general admission. VIP attendees will have wristbands, a dedicated entrance at least 2 hours into the event, and in-and-out privileges.
- Check out Fifty Grande’s guide to Dallas to get the most out of your trip.
- This is a 21+ event. Anyone with a child, including infants, will not be admitted, no exceptions.
- Parking is available for $10 and is located here.
- The DART rail arrives just a few hundred feet from the facility.