(Photo by Robert Sagers)
Weyes Blood, Hippo Campus, Dominic Fike, The Backseat Lovers and Japanese Breakfast…this year’s Kilby Block Party is an indie kids wet dream. Since 2019, Kilby Block Party has been celebrating Kilby Court, Salt Lake City’s longest running all-ages venue, by bringing indie rock artists to the Block Party’s main stage. The festival is a way for Kilby Court to thank the Salt Lake community for keeping live music at the forefront for the past 20 years. Food trucks, art stands, and beer and liquor tents will be scattered around the festival grounds while indie legends The Strokes, Pixies, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Pavement perform during the three day festival.
The fourth annual Kilby Block Party is not just a festival, but an opportunity for concert goers to celebrate Salt Lake City’s artistic community. Since its founding, Kilby Block Party has grown significantly and proceeds from the festival help fund Kilby Court. To account for the growing lineup the Block Party has moved locations from the 200 person capacity Kilby Court to the Utah State Fairpark.
With kickoff shows and after parties throughout the weekend there is never a dull moment. Whether you’re here to see Pond and The Bronx at the May 11 kick-off shows or party all night at the Electric Feels Indie Rock Dance After Party, the Salt Lake DIY rock scene is open to everyone.
- 10,000 people attended in 2022.
- Three-day general admission tickets are $219.
- Three-day VIP tickets range from $309-409.
- One-day general admission tickets are $89.
- One-day VIP tickets range from $139-$189.
- Check out some of the best things to do in Salt Lake City here.
- All-ages are welcome to attend.
- Three-day ticket holders can exit and re-enter the festival throughout the day. One day ticket holders will not be allowed to re-enter after leaving the festival.
- Lockers are available to rent.
- No cash will be accepted.
- There is no camping on the festival grounds so arrange for sleeping arrangements ahead of time.