We Fest is a stomping ground for country music lovers in cowgirl boots. American flags double as totem poles and campsites may be marked with signs made from empty Pabst Blue Ribbon boxes. Don’t be surprised if a 10-gallon hat blocks your view of the stage.
Many country stars got their start here in the middle of rural Minnesota at S00 Pass Ranch, including Taylor Swift and Jason Aldean. Keeping course with history, this year’s lineup is full of up-and-coming acts like Few Miles South and fan faves, like Brad Paisley, Morgan Wallen and Gabby Barrett. When We Fest goers aren’t camped out in the grass in their favorite lawn chair, they can participate in a dance competition to win reserved seat tickets for 2024. More energized partiers can compete in a Miller Light hosted “baggo” tournament, (we call it cornhole where I’m from) where up to 128 teams can play and winners score VIP upgrades. You can also purchase membership to the “Country Club,” an exclusive area near the front of the main stage with a private bar, drink specials and snacks.
If you are into festival camping, this is the place to do it. Campgrounds are located around three different lakes, courtesy of Minnesota’s finest, and all have free showers and restrooms. Reportedly, the campground parties get pretty rowdy, so if you have the extra cash and you like that kind of thing, why not?
- Scenic Soo Pass Ranch can accommodate up to 50,000 people.
- General admission 3-day pass: $179
- Military Discount: $155
- For the front-of-crowders, warning: The festival makes you pay more for what they call a “Pit Pass” which gives you access to the area in front of the stage. You can also choose to purchase reserved grandstand, individual or lawn chair seating.
- Here you can download the festival’s app.
- Check out Fifty Grande’s guide to Minnesota here.