A slice of old Hollywood, with plenty of peace and quiet
When you roll up the Palihotel’s short valet driveway and ascend a few stairs, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a retro-Hollywood dream. The glimmering pastel courtyard pool, which is visible right behind the front desk, is like a living mural of tinseltown’s golden age. It beckons to, literally, dive into the property.
The pool sits framed by two stories of rooms looking in on the sun-splashed action. You’ll likely find a crowd that’s attractive and tan — I did — donning sunglasses and sipping craft cocktails as they scroll their phones or chat under umbrellas. The place doesn’t feel crowded, though, as there’s no live DJ and it’s not open to the public. It’s like a mini-Roosevelt with all the charm of the tropical throwback pool deck without the throngs of visitors. It’s a perfect place to feel like you’re living the LA life, without having to pay the price tags that often come with it.
Smack in the middle of the Sunset Strip
If your LA vacation is all about seeing the sights of Hollywood, you’d be hard pressed to find a better location than the Palihotel. It sits in the heart of Hollywood on Sunset Boulevard and it’s just a block or so west of La Brea. It’s an easy walk to Hollywood and Highland, the Chinese Theater, and all the street performers who fill the streets during the day. That’s not to say you won’t need a car if you stay at the Palihotel – this is still LA — since you’ll need wheels if you want to see more than Sunset. But it’s convenient to the heart of the Hollywood action.
Some other cool things near the Palihotel Hollywood:
- If you’re here for the touristy stuff, you can walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The most famous pink sidewalks in the world are only a few blocks up La Brea, maybe ten minutes by foot.
- If you want more of a poolside party, the legendary Roosevelt Hotel is about ten minutes by foot. Even if you’re not there to rage, the place is filled with music and movie history (the first Academy Awards were held at the Roosevelt) and worth checking out for a drink or two.
- Hike to the Hollywood sign. A handful of trails will take you through the wilderness of the Hollywood Hills and drop you out right near LA’s most famous sign. The nearest trailheads are about 10-15 minutes away by car, and hikes take anywhere from 1.5-3 hours.
- Cruise the legendary live music venues along the Sunset Strip. Spots like Whiskey a Go Go, The Viper Room, and The Roxy Theatre are less than ten minutes by car.
- Tour the backlots and ride the rides at Universal Studios Hollywood. The theme park is infinitely more convenient than Disneyland, only about 15 minutes from Hollywood by car.
Throwback gems with stocked mini bars and sinks by the bed
Palihotel Hollywood’s guest rooms are cool, quiet respites from the energy of Sunset. You can luxuriate in a plush all-white bed surrounded by green velvet and dark woods. Many of the rooms look out on the swimming pool, so you can feel a part of the scene without having to actually interact with anyone. Inside, you’ll find Nespresso machines and Smeg vintage mini-fridges packed with local beer, wine, and canned cocktails. Rooms also come with robes so you can dress for the pool.
One of the Palihotel Hollywood’s more interesting design features are its sinks set next to the bed. So if you’re sharing a room you can brush your teeth while your companion showers. It makes for a convenient morning wake-up, as there is a separated bath area near the entrance.
The Palihotel Hollywood’s rooms break down into the following categories:
- The Night Owl – Palihotel’s most unique offering is its room with the worst views, where curtains remain drawn and no light seeps in. It’s perfect for someone who plans to sleep until noon then start the party again, and includes a 1 PM checkout and a $10 gift card to In-n-Out Burger next door.
- Queen bed – The entry-level room spans 290 square feet, with globe light fixtures and a wardrobe to hang up your clothes. If you’re not planning to be in your room much, it’s perfect.
- Double – This room has two queen beds, and measures 324-420 square feet. You won’t find much work or sitting space, but for two people traveling together and plan to be out all day, it’s the move.
- King bed – The most common room at the Palihotel has one king bed and is anywhere from 225-280 square feet. This also includes pool view and balcony rooms, which comes with a banana plant and a couple of chairs on the balcony.
- King Suite – The Palihotel’s suites are a little strange. They include the same setup as regular king bed rooms, then offer some side sitting rooms with low-slung furniture and in some cases no windows. They’re not ideal for entertaining, but if you just want more space they fit the bill.
An irresistible pool with fantastic drinks
The swimming pool is the Palihotel’s signature amenity, where guests can lounge by the water on oversized lounge chairs and immerse themselves in a pastel pink old Hollywood wonderland. Tropical plants line the pool deck, and waiters are readily available to keep your drink of choice filled.
Even if you’re not a guest at the Palihotel Hollywood the bar is worth stopping in. The menu of craft cocktails is fantastic, and with stools and banquets all within eyeshot of the swimming pool it’s a pleasant backdrop for a quick drinks meeting. Try the Eastside made with mezcal, cucumber, mint, and lime and you’ll never order a regular margarita again.
Benny’s on the Blvd.
Just down the entryway from the front desk you’ll spot a small, six-seat coffee counter. This is Benny’s on The Blvd, the small café where the Palihotel serves breakfast and lunch until 5 PM. The entire menu is available at the bar or by the pool. Though it is limited, the tacos are good poolside cuisine as are the chips and guac.
The Palihotel Hollywood does not have a fitness center.
Valet parking is available for $48 USD a night. Be advised: Valets are only working from 6 AM to midnight, so if you have an early flight leave some extra time to have the front desk call security to escort you to your car.
#palihotelhollywood on TikTok
What is the address of the hotel?
7023 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, California, 90128
What are the check-in and check-out times?
Check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
What are the hotel’s amenities?
The amenities include a 24-hour front desk, a concierge, an outdoor pool (with rainbow-striped loungers), free wifi, parking, air conditioning. Inspired by the old-school hideaway LA hotels, every room at Palihotel Hollywood has bespoke furniture, marble bathrooms, Bellino Fine Linens, Diptyque bath amenities, a Nespresso coffee machine, SMEG mini fridge and more. (And the tacos!)
How far is the West Hollywood hotel from Santa Monica?
Santa Monica is 10 miles west of the hotel. If you’re looking for a Hollywood experience, the location on Sunset is a prime location, but if you’re looking for the beach experience you should stay closer to Santa Monica or other coastal neighborhoods.
How far is this location from Palihouse West Hollywood?
The two hotels are 3.5 miles apart.
How far is the Palihouse Hollywood to Palihouse Melrose?
Who founded the Palihouse hotel chain?
Palisociety founder and president is Avi Brosh.