We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and creative web design intern to join our team this summer. In this position you will create digital assets for FiftyGrande.com, our social media platforms, marketing assets and email campaigns. This includes but is not limited to header images, site banners, product photos, animated gifs and more.
Fifty Grande is a biannual travel magazine that explores the U.S. Our mission is to inspire more people to travel the country by broadening interest in the diverse scenic, culinary and musical experiences offered in all 50 states. As food and music are essential parts of travel, and being a socially-minded force for good is important to how we operate, we use all three as cornerstones of our travel stories.
Our editorial approach is the same no matter the platform: We tell stories that spark people’s curiosity. We cover notable places, people and things that define American travel experiences right now, with a focus on the distinct character and charm of the often overlooked as well as unique looks at the well known.
The biannual magazine, which is thematically planned, is where we offer features into unique and overlooked worlds, vibrant people profiles and interviews, spotlights on only-in-America businesses, off-the-beaten-path oral histories, gorgeous photo essays and more. Our website gives people information to help them plan trips (hotels, things to do) and opportunities to meet and connect with the Fifty Grande community.
- Design website story headers (illustrations, photos, collages)
- Organize and shoot product photo photos (like the current banner image on the homepage) and new online shopping experiences.
- Design templates for weekly email campaigns
- Support social media team with images and illustrations for Facebook, Instagram (+Stories) and Twitter
- Assist with the design and creation of company assets such as media kits, brand guidelines
- Maintain web photo database, ensuring a clean and organized filing system
- Research current trends in digital and social media design
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager and Community Coordinator on improving website user experience and troubleshooting errors
- Design degree or similar
- Experience with animated gifs
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of web/mobile best practices
- Understanding of responsive design and web requirements
- Detail oriented and collaborative
The right candidate is
- Extremely creative
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Be able to manage, prioritize and initiate tasks
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to articulate creative decision making
- Have clean design aesthetics, typography and layout
- Self-motivated and curious, always willing to learn new technologies and adapt to the ever-changing web environment
- Have a passion for travel, food and music
- Part-time (5-10 hours per week)
- $20 hour
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- January 1 – May 15